Sunday, June 19, 2011

Shredding on acoustic


      I’ve been playing guitar for a while now. Till date, I’ve composed loads of licks & riffs. Also, I’ve been playing System of a Down, Wolfmother, Led Zeppelin, Despised Icon, Pitchshifter, Green Day etc. and of course good ol’ Metallica. It’s just a matter of experience. It was hard before, but now my fingers move pretty well on the fretboard even though I'm still improving.
      I have a sleek red acoustic guitar which is a witness of my guitar playing since it all started from scratch. I think I’m the only one who plays Metallica or SOAD on acoustic. Playing all these Metal songs on acoustic have made my fingers very strong. And they say electric guitar is like 10 times easier to play than an acoustic because it has low action. Now I'm really excited because I've training myself so rigorously on an acoustic that it's going to be a piece of cake when I will buy an electric guitar. It's kinda stupid that I've been playing chromatic exercises over and over again (it helped a lot though) in order to be a good shredder. If I can shred on acoustic, it's going to be so amazing on electric. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment